Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Observation #2

This past week I did my second observation for my Eng220 class. I was put with a new tutor who was very welcoming, she worked with two students; one being a student that is taking a course given by my professor. The tutor automatically made a personal connection to the first students work. She did some cheer-leading making reference to the tutees work. Soon after making her connection the tutor and tutee double checked the requirements that the tutees professor was requesting. The tutor advised the tutee to be more detailed to bring her readers more into her work. When it came to the second tutee she spent a lot of time on him. It was clear from their conversation they had worked together before on his paper. the tutor worked on paragraph structure with the tutee and corrected some of his typing errors. The tutor was very patient with the tutee because he began to become lazy working with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment